Consensus is an annual event hosted by Coindesk, one of the leading blockchain media and events companies. The conference brings together blockchain and cryptocurrency experts, entrepreneurs, investors, and enthusiasts from around the world to explore the latest trends and innovations in this rapidly evolving industry.
For startup founders leveraging decentralized technologies, blockchain, or cryptocurrency, attending Consensus 2023 is an opportunity to stay up to date on the latest trends and innovations in the industry, build relationships with industry leaders, connect with fellow entrepreneurs, and pitch your ideas to potential investors, partners, and customers.
1. Keynote and panel events: Consensus has featured some of the most influential and thought-provoking speakers in the industry. Previous speakers have included Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Square and Twitter, and Brian Armstrong, the CEO of Coinbase.
2. Interactive workshops: Get hands-on experience with the latest blockchain and cryptocurrency technology. These workshops are a great opportunity to gain practical skills and knowledge.
3. Networking opportunities: With thousands of attendees from around the world, Consensus is a great place to network and make valuable connections. From coffee breaks to after-parties happening all over Austin, there’s no shortage of opportunities to put yourself out there and meet new people!
We get it - Large conferences can be overwhelming, especially if you haven't attended one like Consensus before. If you're planning to attend Consensus 2023, be sure to follow these steps to optimize your experience:
1. Plan ahead: This isn’t the kind of event you just “show up” to. With so many workshops, events, and parties happening at once, you’ll want to make sure you plan your schedule ahead of time to prioritize the events that make sense for you and your startup. Take a look at the schedule and make note of the sessions and events that are most relevant to your startup’s stage and goals, and prioritize from there.
2. Network strategically: While it's tempting to try to meet as many people as possible at the conference, it's important to focus on quality over quantity. Identify the people and companies that are most aligned with your goals, and make a plan to connect with them in a meaningful way.
3. Be prepared to pitch: You’ll be sharing space with industry leaders, potential investors, partners, & customers - Be prepared to pitch! Practice your elevator pitch ahead of time, and be sure to have materials like business cards or scannable QR codes with links to your website, LinkedIn, socials etc.
In addition to the main conference, attendees also have the opportunity to attend FREE events throughout Austin. From coffee meetups and hackathons to after-parties and networking events, there will be plenty of opportunities to connect with folks in the industry. Check out these FREE events happening around Austin:
Join for an open bar, light bites, and a lively panel discussion and sneak preview of what native Web3 user experience in Community Messaging, and Discovery will be like
Spanning three floors, packed with programming, networking opportunities, coaching sessions and more, the Network Base is your go to spot for cross chain collaboration and connections in Austin.
Hang Out With Top-tier VCs, Projects, Founders & more in Web3. This half-day event will get you more insights if you don't have a badge for Consensus.